The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cant download full backup

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by defyet, Jun 19, 2010.

1. defyet

defyet Registered

Hi,

Im trying to transfer a client from a Reseller Account to a VPS on different servers. i have tried the account transfer function on the vps but it comes back with: Checksum Failure: Failed to download account file.

So instead i went into the customers cPanel and did a Full Backup and was going to upload it to the VPS and restore it, however the full backup worked but it wont let me download it via cPanel, File Manager or FTP. I click on it and nothing happens, and in FTP it tells me i do not have permission, problem is i cant change the permission and its stuck at 600.

I can move the backup file in FTP and rename it but it wont let me change the permission of it. I moved it to the public_html folder and tried downloading it via http but i just get a Forbidden 404 "You don't have permission to access ******* on this server."

I cant even move it or download it in file manager, the most it will do is move and rename in FTP but when i try downloading it in FTP it comes back with: ERROR:> Requested action not taken (e.g., file or directory not found, no access).

The permission is set to 600 and it wont let me change it so i cant download it via cPanel once it does the back up or access it anywhere.

The only thing i can do is partial backups but thats useless because this account has alot of forwards and sql databases it would take forever, and i tried restoring it to the other server this way and half of the things i restored failed anyway.

It seems i am having the same problem as this guy but hes thread doesnt have how to resolve the issue: http://forums.cpanel.net/f5/cannot-download-full-backups-64020.html

#1 defyet, Jun 19, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2010
  2. defyet

defyet Registered

Fixed - Didnt have enough disk quota set on the account so it couldnt complete the backup. :rolleyes: