The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't Drop Tables In My Databases

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by bnn121, Sep 26, 2008.

1. bnn121

bnn121 Member

Need some help figuring out a problem one of my clients is having. Below is there issue. Any ideas?

2. d_t

d_t Well-Known Member

Is not an hosting error. Actually, is a feature .. MySQL doesn't let you make changes in tables that are linked with a foreign key constraint. So, if they eant to delete a table, should first remove the key - but I don't see the point of keys in this case.

3. bnn121

bnn121 Member

Thanks for the info, however I replied to this client for some more information and this is what they gave me.

A few days ago, the server I am on just rebooted itself out of the blue. I contacted my Data center and they gave no good reason why. They said all looks good.

My current top server admin is MIA and all of a sudden I'm having some issues that my level of knowledge prevents me from resolving.

Is there any reliable sources out there that deal with cPanel servers? To go thru and ensure my server is on the up and up?

Thanks again.

4. d_t

d_t Well-Known Member

Client can drop entire database if he likes that. Or, he can only drop foreign key then delete or update the table.

I don't understand the second question. There are so many reasons for a server to crash. It can be a hardware problem or a software. Even a bad writter site/script can crash a server. If the provider told you there's no hardware problem, then you can check the server logs. cPanel allows you to install "Munin Service Monitor" from plugins section - is a nice monitorring program. Also, you can use an external service to monitor the server uptime (like alertra.com). If you think is a cPanel-related problem, you can open a ticket.

5. bnn121

bnn121 Member

Thanks for the reply...

See your saying that my client can do whatever he wants with his databases...but the reality is...HE CANT.

Do you have any suggestions on how to resolve this or are you just able to tell me it can be done.

That's the whole point of this post, whenever he tries to do anything with deleting database/s or any of there respective functions, he cant.

As for the second question, it was not a question it is a statement.

The third question was in reference to cPanel server outside services, which you answered...thank you.

6. d_t

d_t Well-Known Member

7. bnn121

bnn121 Member

I was able to have my server admin look into this briefly, but hes not able to resolve it at this time. Below is what he thinks the problem is, would anybody have any ideas?

This is a strange error and is related to the InnoDB storage engine instead of the MyISAM engine your databases should be set to.

Now this is just for this one client, I have not received any notices of this issue from any of the other 50 clients on this server.