The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cant Enter Control Panel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Getenks, Oct 18, 2009.

1. Getenks

Getenks Registered

Oct 17, 2009
    I am new to CPanel..
    I tried to enter cpanel using password and username and it worked.. Then using SSH Root Access i tried to enter root and typed wrong password and usernames for a couple number of times, Then I i tried to enter the control panel.. the point where it asks username and password doesnt come up ; it says web page not available.. but the site comes up; but when I do the same using another Internet ; it works and I login successfully and I tried viewing IP deny manager it says no Ips are blocked.. I cant enter the control panel using my Home Internet.. which is pretty pityful :(
    Any Ideas how to overcome ?
    #1 Getenks, Oct 18, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2009
  2. Spiral

Spiral BANNED

Jun 24, 2005
    Sounds like you possibly have cpHulk (security center in WHM) or some other bad login attempt detection installed (IE: lfd, etc) and have accidentally blocked your IP because of the bad logins.

If cpHulk is enabled, you can find it in your "Security Center" and from there you will find an option to clear the blocked IPs.

You might also want to check /etc/hosts.deny for your IP address

If you are running CSF firewall, check /etc/csf/csf.deny for your IP address.

Wouldn't hurt to restart, firewall processes:
    service iptables restart      #underlying actual firewall process
    service csf restart
    That should get you back into your system on your own connection.

If you generally use the same IP address most of the time, you might want to consider adding your IP to the various whitelists on your system to prevent you from accidentally blocking yourself again:

3. cPanelDon

cPanelDon cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2008
    Houston, Texas, U.S.A.
    cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    If cPHulk is enabled please ensure to add your IP address to the whitelist; this may be performed via the following menu path in WHM:
    WHM: Main >> Security >> Security Center >> cPHulk Brute Force Protection >> Trusted IPs List

The following page may be used to view your IP address:

cPHulk Documentation: CPHulk < AllDocumentation/WHMDocs < TWiki