alexandracapelo

Registered
Oct 14, 2019
Almada
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Hello,
Thank you for your time. I'm very new to this.
On CPanel I uploaded a video to public_html file manager.
The video had Portuguese characters, like an accent and a cedilla.
Now, I select the file and delete it, checking the square that say "skip the trash and permanently erase the files". It happens that even though at the moment the file disappears, next time I go to public_html, it appears.
I've tried to change the name, and send it to trash, but I receive the message "system error: no such file or directory".
When I go to my page, I see a black video.
My question is, how can I definitely delete that file?
Thank you

Attachments

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
As your profile indicates you're a website owner (meaning you wouldn't have root access to investigate) I'd suggest contacting your hosting provider for further assistance with this issue, this isn't normal behavior and should be looked into further.

Thanks!

alexandracapelo

Registered
Oct 14, 2019
Almada
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Hi, Thank you for your answer.
But I don't understand excatly what you're saying. I did something wrong on CPanel (upload a video with characters that shouldn't be there), why should my hosting provider assist me in something it has nothing to do with them? The problem with the video (that I can't seem to erase, because it says that is not there, but is), is on CPanel. The hosting provider is receiving information from the CPanel. or am I thinking wrong? Perhaps I am. Can you please help or explain it to me somehow?
Thank you very much

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
While I understand it may seem that way, if you're unable to delete something of this nature, with the access level you have you wouldn't be able to investigate why the file is unable to be deleted, see any error logs or investigate potential disk corruption issues which is commonly what this issue is attributed to.

Thanks!