The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can't find php file in cpanel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by workman1974, Feb 25, 2006.

1. workman1974

workman1974 Registered

HI I installed os commerce fine through cpanel and when I went into the admin page and login page I got this error:

Server Requirement Error: register_globals is disabled in your PHP configuration. This can be enabled in your php.ini configuration file or in the .htaccess file in your catalog directory.

Help how do I fix this, I can not find it or how to solve this problem. What is the most easy way to do it, thanks Brian

2. pross

pross Well-Known Member

/usr/local/Zend/etc/php.ini

3. workman1974

workman1974 Registered

I don't have those folders so i can't find it there

4. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

If you are the server admin, then you need to enable register_globals in /usr/lib/php.ini and restart httpd.

If you're an end-user then you need to ask your hosting provider to do that for oscommerce to work.

5. andyogsc

andyogsc Member

OK workman1974, what chirpy said works because i had the same problem, make sure you use SSH to edit it, it makes it work better... But after the register_globals are turned on you will have no problem with it. But if you update php to a newer version make sure you return register_globals on as it is set to off by default.

6. workman1974

workman1974 Registered

Thanks everyone, I would go in and change it in SSH but there is no SSH on my Cpanel screen and not sure why?? Can anyone tell me why it is not there or how to add it, thanks Brian

7. bijo

bijo Well-Known Member

Hello,

Do you have root access of the server?. If not contact your hosting provider to solve this issue. If you are using windows machine with root access, the program "PUTTY" will help you to login to the server. Check the link
    http://www.putty.nl/download.html