Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't Get AutoSSL Let's Encrypt to work

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Melika, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Melika

Melika Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi everyone,

I have a problem getting AutoSSL to work and I'd appreciate it if you can help me fix it.

The Problem:

I can't get Let's Encrypt to show up in cPanel so that users can use it. (The icon does not appear in cPanel.)

Additional Info:

- I Have installed Let's encrypt for AutoSSL on my server using this tutorial:
    The Let's Encrypt Plugin - cPanel Knowledge Base - cPanel Documentation

- Let's encrypt is available in AutoSSL settings in WHM. I have chosen it as my SSL provider.
    I checked "I agree to these terms of service." and "Create a new registration with the provider." and hit save. It shows a message saying "You have created a new registration for this system with “Let’s Encrypt™” and configured AutoSSL to use that provider." but when i check again, the option for "Create a new registration with the provider." is not checked ...

- AutoSSL is activated in package features.

- I am facing this problem in all of my servers.

Based on the information above, I will be thankful if you guide me so that i can find out what i am doing wrong.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

The user's feature list setting for AutoSSL is used to determine whether AutoSSL is enabled or disabled for the account. For instance, if the feature is disabled for an account, then the AutoSSL feature won't attempt to automatically generate SSL certificates for the domain names added to the account. There's no option in the cPanel UI that corresponds to this feature. It's managed by the root user via the command line, or through Web Host Manager, per the documentation at:

Manage AutoSSL - Documentation - cPanel Documentation

Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thank you.

3. Melika

Melika Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thanks for your reply.
    I understand that this feature must be enabled in package features (Feature Manager) and it is.

Please have a look at this image:
    [Removed - Please attach images directly to the thread]

The image above shows what i want but unfortunately, i can't get that icon to show while i can see this in some other providers' cPanel but not on my own servers.

#3 Melika, Feb 22, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2017
  4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

The option you are referencing comes from a third-party plugin and is not natively included with cPanel. You are welcome to seek out and install such as plugin, but I recommend avoiding anything that will conflict with the existing Let's Encrypt implementation that cPanel offers with the AutoSSL feature.

Thank you.

5. sharphostinguk

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    And referencing your original issue that the "Create a new registration..." tickbox is not ticked, that's the correct behaviour. You only tick that when you want to create a new registration. It doesn't stay ticked after a successful registration.