The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't get images to work?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SecondCreators, Jul 28, 2008.

1. SecondCreators

SecondCreators Registered

Jul 28, 2008
    Central Oregon, US
    I'm relatively new to hosting a website, and have never used cPanel until this attempt. So far I've built the basics of my web site, and have started building some of the content a bit, but have run into a snag.

I can't get uploaded images to work, and am not sure how to get it working.

Click me

In the above linked page, there are supposed to be 11 images, but it's just showing the 'broken image link' filler. I've tried various URLs, and can't find anything that links directly to my image, apparently.

I've opened in the viewer, then right clicked the image and selected 'copy image location' and tried using that, I've used the legacy file manager and found what seems to be a more direct link..but nothing is working.

I've uploaded the images for that tutorial to:

I used that directory in an attempt to keep it organized, and set the file permissions for each to 0755 (Public can do all but write).

The links I've come up with for the first image are:
    This, from the file manager v2.

Another oddity I just found, is that when I use the v2 link, for the first image, it works at the moment. That's this again

But when I try the second, linked straight from the v2 file manager still, it gives me the 403 - Forbidden error page.

Please, can someone enlighten me as to what I'm doing wrong, or the proper methods here? I'm started to get rather annoyed with it.
    #1 SecondCreators, Jul 28, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2008
  2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

May 20, 2003
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Your host can better assist you with this sort of thing, he'd be best to tell you were your files belong and so on. That said, lets take a peek at your stuff...

This doesn't work my guess is due to all those spaces in the URL. See the %2f stuff?
    These do work, no spaces.

When you first login to cPanel via FTP, you would navigate into the public_html directory where you'd see the /images/ directory you created for your images. Using File manager is the same thing, navigate into public_html and then into /images/

So now that you know that, look again at the path of any of the broken images by right clicking them on your webpage and choose properties. That first one I posted above can clearly be seen as wrong.

Is the image in that directory? Good, then that means the link in your webpage is wrong then. Looking at the source you can see that easy enough.

These forums are not for this sort of support.

#2 Infopro, Jul 28, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2008