Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Can't get mysql to work - Getting mysql.sock error (but a unique one)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by noimad1, Oct 21, 2006.

1. noimad1

noimad1 Well-Known Member

I've searched the forums here and google and have tried a hundred things and can not get my mysql to work. It says it is running, but gives me this error on all pages that attempt to use mysql:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (13) in

Now, here is what I've done. To start, I was trying to restore all of the databases on a hacked server. I moved all of the /var/lib/mysql files to a mysql_back folder. I then re-installed mysql (i had to do this to get rid of a mysq.sock(11) error. I then copied back the files and reset the mysql password. Finally I was able to get mysql to start. However, I then started t get the (13) ERROR.

I've tried removing the mysql.sock file and the /tmp/mysq.sock file and re-creating them both, restarting mysql. No luck

I've tried to check all of the permissions on all of the files. As far as I can see they are all set correctly - including the tmp directory and mysql directories.

None of my drives are full.

I did this after a suggustion online:

/usr/sbin/setenforce 0

Restarted mysql. Still no luck.

I've tried a upcp --force with no luck.

If reloaded mysql about 10 times with no luck.

I really need to get htis server up and running. At this point I would be willing to pay somone to fix it because I don't know what else to try.

Let me know if you have any more suggestions, or if someone can help.

Thanks,
    Damion

2. noimad1

noimad1 Well-Known Member

OMG I believe I may have found it. It looks like the /var/lib/mysql folder needed 711 permissions, but had different. I think that might have worked....