The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can't get website to display

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by scottdogs, Nov 30, 2011.

1. scottdogs

scottdogs Registered

Hi I can't work out what I have done wrong in order to get my sites to display and not the default website page.

Server running cpanel has it's primary IP: 46.137.249.112
    Websites that I have setup such as savebyron.staging.communityengine.com also resolve to this same IP yet I can't get past the default page appearing.

One thing that has me thrown a bit is that when I look at the IP's on the server I see 2, one is the above public IP and the other is a private IP.

IP usage shows

10.131.25.134 | cpanel.communityengine.com
    46.137.249.112 | all the sites I have setup

Not sure where the private one has come from and if that is affecting things?

scott.

2. kernow

kernow Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    savebyron.staging. are sub domains of communityengine.com and point to IP 46.137.249.112 But look at this:
    communityengine.com. 300 IN A 203.145.39.102
    You have sub domains on different IP?

3. scottdogs

scottdogs Registered

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

Not sure what you are getting at? yes that communityengine.com domain has many sub domains all pointing to different servers but that shouldn't really be of concern here?

Even for totally separate domains such as test.webtecture.co.nz which points to the correct IP, I still get the default web page appearing and not my test site?

4. cPdans

cPdans Member
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

It looks like this problem is still ongoing. I would personally recommend that you submit a ticket at the via More Support Options >> Complimentary Ticket link in my signature. Through a ticket we'll be able to address your specific circumstances.

I currently see the following when resolving the ip address for the domain.

# dig test.webtecture.co.nz +short

If this isn't what you expect, this is likely a dns issue. With a ticket we'll be able to get credentials and check things server-side.