The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cant Install Anythign as Main (Has to be folder why)

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by babazar, Aug 2, 2004.

1. babazar

babazar Member

Ive tried to installed PhPnuke but it wobnt let me install it as the main site
    It asks for a Folder... I have tried everything but just wont let me install PhPnuke or anything as the Main Site.

Why can you help me plz

Etheral likes this.
  2. Etheral

Etheral Well-Known Member

it sounds like your using the "script library" or "fantastico" . The way that the installers were programmed, that is why you are having your problems, i would suggest installing it manually if you want to have it in your root public_html folder. or you can install it in a folder, and make a redirect from /index.php to /phpnuke or somthing like that.

3. kosmo

kosmo Well-Known Member

Just FYI:

Fantastico CAN install in the root public_html directory!

kosmo

4. Etheral

Etheral Well-Known Member

fantastico cant do that... if it did, then the detection script (the script that detects for fantastico installs) wouldnt be able to detect the install

5. LP-Trel

LP-Trel Well-Known Member

The way cPanel's Addon Scripts interface is built it will create the folder on install. I am working with bdraco to improve on this interface and fix the main folder install issue.

As kosmos said, fantastico can do this. If you are willing to pay 90 USD for this feature by all means go ahead. I would recommend the open source (free) autoinstaller from http://www.openinstaller.com/ The BETA1 release is just a couple of days away. ;)

6. kosmo

kosmo Well-Known Member

Etheral,

I should know better since I am the Fantastico developer :D

7. SarcNBit

SarcNBit Well-Known Member

Now that was good for a laugh :D :p

Trel are you saying that OpenInstaller is or is not going to be able to install in the base directory when BETA1 is released?

I would not recommend any software that has not yet been released! Fantastico may be $90 (or less if you buy multiple licenses or receive it through your NOC) more expensive than OpenInstaller, but it is available for client cpanel integration/management now ;) :)

Now for the $64,000 question (aka the Duke Nukem question): when do you anticipate a stable release (as per the roadmap)? Are you counting the time in days or months?

8. LP-Trel

Okay let me make this clear. The Open Installer ties into cPanel's Scripts Addon function to make it work. As of right now I have asked bdraco about this and we are discussing it. Open Installer will not have the main folder install support until cPanel supports it.

As for the STABLE1 release there is still alot of work to be done before I consider it a stable product. It is at least a month away even if everything goes right. :cool:

9. SarcNBit

SarcNBit Well-Known Member

Thank you for clearing that up and providing a rough estimate of the time table. One month if everything goes right is sooner than I would have expected.

I like the line "giving away things is what I do." and am certainly not going to complain about being on the receiving end, but I am curious as to how you can continue to support that. Did you get in early ay Yahoo or hit the Powerball jackpot?

10. LP-Trel

Well in the case of the Open Installer itself it is sponsored by cPanel, Inc. and will soon be sponsored by a few dedicated server providers interested in using it as an installer for their cPanel customers. This will make it available though a free and sustainable model.

In the general case of my services, it is a careful blanacing act. :cool: