The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't install CPanel on CentOS5?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by devonblzx, Jan 31, 2008.

1. devonblzx

devonblzx Member

Hello,

I am trying to install CPanel on a VPS, OpenVZ (Virtuozzo) based, and I am having problems.

I have tried three different CentOS5 templates and it gives the same problem on each one, I have no problem installing any other control panel on these templates.

I have tried OpenVZ's centos5 i386, centos5 x86_64, and hypervm's centos5 i386, all give the same error about 45 minutes into the install:

.open3: close(main::RNULL) failed: Bad file descriptor at ./install line 669
    .open3: close(main::RNULL) failed: Bad file descriptor at ./install line 669

The install works fine on CentOS4.

Any ideas?

2. AndyReed

AndyReed Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Without looking into the dedicated server, it is really difficult to say what the problem is. Did you check /proc/user_beancounters? If you see non-zero values in failcnt column for a VE during cpanel installation, increase the limit value. For more info, go to:
    http://wiki.openvz.org/Proc/user_beancounters

3. devonblzx

devonblzx Member

Hello,

Thanks for the advice, but it is nothing with the limits. I even set every limit to unlimited just to test it. It seems to be either something with the CentOS5 templates for VZ or the cpanel install. I tried on two different VPS nodes and three different CentOS5 templates.

Gives the same error.

Thanks.