The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't Kill Nameserver IPs in Cpanel

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by polo1, Dec 14, 2005.

1. polo1

polo1 Member

I just got a new server from a hosting company.I found 3 namesevers and ips with other sites.So I tried deleted them.But it's always failed with "Sorry, the nameserver ip cannot be removing since it is still registered with an ICANN register."I also tried to delete them from SSH,it still appeared when restart WHM.
    Anyone got them same problem?
    BTW,who can tell me if you want to assign IP to different nameserver?Like if I assigned on in Basic cPanel/WHM Setup and now try to cancel that and reassign the same ip to another nameserver?I also tried,but it still responded "The IP has assigned to another IP.
    Thanks

2. aby

aby Well-Known Member

Try manually editing

/etc/nameserverips

3. polo1

polo1 Member

Yes,I certainly have did "vi /etc/nameserverips".They were deleted,but when I reloaded WHM and checked.They appeared again.

4. adept2003

adept2003 Well-Known Member

Using your domain registrar, you will need to assign a different IP to the nameserver, or delete the nameserver. If you're using eNom, then this is quite easy (take a look at their help pages). Not too sure how easy it is using other domain registrars.

5. jondolar

jondolar Well-Known Member

This is terrible. I have resellers that just create their own name servers registered and use the same name server IP addresses. However, when I rebuilt a server after a hard drive the wrong name server became the primary name server and I can't delete it. Why is cPanel putting this restriction on?