The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't log into cPanel accounts!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by keyDet79, Oct 25, 2003.

1. keyDet79

keyDet79 Well-Known Member

I have reicently installed cPanel on a fresh server and have transfered several accounts from another server. However, it looks like I can't log into any account's cPanel. When I create new accounts (be it in WHM or SSH) or transfer accounts, FTP and SSH work fine, except cPanel doesn't let you log in. Upgrading it or modifying the password in WHM or SSH did not help, I also tried restarting cPanel and the whole server but no luck.

It's obviously something that needs to be fixed as soon as possible, I already submitted a ticket but so far had no useful reply. Anyone know what's causing this and how to fix it? Thanks.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number: 27553

2. mickeymouse

mickeymouse Well-Known Member

RE: Can

Dear keyDet79,

Please try to run the /scripts/chpass script and if this will not solve then try /scripts/chcpass script. I think this will help you to solve the problem.

Regards,

3. keyDet79

keyDet79 Well-Known Member

Thanks, I managed to solve it with cPanel's help, it seemed that MINUID was set to 3, I changed it to 1000, recreated the accounts and it was working fine.