Can't log into CPanel or WHM, please help!

Shaolyen

Feb 8, 2004
I can't log into WHM or CPanel, every time it'll deny the password. The password is correct, I can log in through SSH perfectly.

I've deleted /usr/local/cpanel/cpanel and executed /scripts/upcp, but it made no difference. Please help. :(

Shaolyen

Feb 8, 2004
WHM won't start, apparently:

Starting Web Host Manager services: ==> Web Host Manager 8.8.0 Server Starting.....
[FAILED]

Shaolyen

Feb 8, 2004
Originally posted by squirrel
Have you tried restarting cpanel with:
service cpanel restart
Yes, there are two failures:

Stopping InterChange services: [FAILED]

and

Starting Web Host Manager services: ==> Web Host Manager 8.8.0 Server Starting.....
[FAILED]

PWSowner

Nov 10, 2001
ON, Canada
Now that's weird. You could try creating the file and see if it works. It can't hurt.

Just create one at /etc/cpupdate.conf with the contents of:

CPANEL=manual-release
RPMUP=daily
SYSUP=daily

You likely know how to do this, but just in case:

cd /etc
touch cpupdate.conf
pico cpupdate.conf

Shaolyen

Feb 8, 2004
Tried, still the same two failures as before.

Is there a way to completely reinstall CPanel? (It was pre-installed by my host). There aren't any domains on the server, it's completely clean - so I wouldn't have to worry about losing anything.

Shaolyen

Feb 8, 2004
Tried it, from what I can see, WHM refuses to start - I can't log in through secure or otherwise.

The server was setup last night, and CPanel was installed by somebody else. The next morning, CPanel was broken without anything being changed.

Shaolyen

Feb 8, 2004
Someone suggested that it might be that my server IP isn't yet registered with CPanel, explaining why everything stopped working overnight without any changes from me.

Is that a possible reason?

Shaolyen

Feb 8, 2004
Originally posted by squirrel
I assume you mean the IP not being registered was the problem and it's now fixed.

If so, that would mean all that work was just for the fun of it. ;)
I'm presuming that was it... submitted a ticket for the hosts to check out the IP with CPanel, and hours later everything started working again.