Can't log into email accounts after server move

shann123

Registered
Jan 17, 2005
I just moved a website to a new server running Centos 5.4 and cPanel 11.25.0-R42213 - WHM 11.25.0 using the "Copy an account from another server option" in WHM. Both servers are running the same version of cpanel and are nearly identical (old server is a dedicated and new one is a VPS).

Everything is working great except that I'm not able to log into any webmail account unless I first change the password through CPanel, otherwise I get a "Unknown user or password incorrect." error. Once I change the password, I can log into the account and all emails are there, including new ones and there's no more problems with that account. My problem is, there's a few hundred email addresses and I don't have the passwords to all of them.

Is there a file somewhere that might not have transferred that I can get from the old server or is there something configured wrong on the new server?

shann123

Registered
Jan 17, 2005
That didn't work. I just discovered that another domain that I copied the same way didn't even transfer the accounts and emails.

madaboutlinux

Jan 24, 2005
Earth
Well, is the server you are migrating the accounts on is a new server OR does the server already have accounts running on it. I am asking it because, you could do a rsync migration of all the accounts at once instead of using the WHM transfer feature.

Regarding the email login issue, ask your hosting company OR hire a sysadmin to take a look at it for you, see if they can check what exactly cause the email login to fail after the migration.