The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't login on one PC, fine on another

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by slappycat, Nov 16, 2009.

1. slappycat

slappycat Registered

This only recently started happening. On one PC, I can login to cpanel, whm, webmail, fine.

On another PC, it just times out. No http auth login popups, nothing. It doesn't work on fF, IE8 or chrome. I've even tried uninstalling my firewall on this PC, to see if that was it, no luck.

I suspect there is something in Windows that is blocking this, but I haven't been able to find anything.

Any ideas?

2. thewebhostingdi

thewebhostingdi Well-Known Member

Please make sure that the port addresses 2082/83 for cpanel and 2095/96 for web mail and 2086/87 are not blocked in your PC from where you are not able to access.

Also make sure that the IP address of the PC from where you are facing the issue is not blocked in server firewall.

3. cPanelDon

cPanelDon cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    Are you able to login to the server via root SSH access (i.e., as the System Administrator)?

Does the server respond when testing ping and trace route via command-line access from your workstation, or from another server?

The following command may be used to run a ping test to a specified host address (where "host" should be replaced by the server hostname or IP address):
    Code:
    # ping host
    For a trace route test to see where the connectivity issue may be, the following examples may be used (where "host" should be replaced by the server hostname or IP address); please note that "traceroute" is used when testing from *nix or Mac OS X systems while "tracert" is used when testing from a Microsoft Windows system:
    Code:
    # traceroute host
    # tracert host

4. lloyd_tennison

lloyd_tennison Well-Known Member

Check Cphulk too, for your blocked IP.