Cant Login onto incomming mail server

ArgonX

Registered
Nov 1, 2006
2
0
151
I just got my new dedicated server and i setup mail accounts on 2 servers but i am having error like not accepting my password or so.. Did anyone had this issue or any problems similar ?

this is msg:


Task 'mail.hostname.com - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC92) : 'Your e-mail server rejected your login. Verify your user name and password in your account properties. Under Tools, click E-mail accounts. The server responded: -ERR Login failed.'


pls help.. tnx
 

david510

Well-Known Member
Aug 22, 2004
473
0
166
Make sure the domain you are trying to configure in your outlook has started resolving from your server and its nameservers are propagated fine.
 

Alycad

Registered
Jun 19, 2005
4
0
151
I just got my new dedicated server and i setup mail accounts on 2 servers but i am having error like not accepting my password or so.. Did anyone had this issue or any problems similar ?

this is msg:


Task 'mail.hostname.com - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC92) : 'Your e-mail server rejected your login. Verify your user name and password in your account properties. Under Tools, click E-mail accounts. The server responded: -ERR Login failed.'


pls help.. tnx
Hi there,

Having the same problem here. How do u fix this?

Alvaro
 

david510

Well-Known Member
Aug 22, 2004
473
0
166
Run the following command from the command prompt of your local machine and see if you are getting connecting to the mail server.

telnet mail.domain.com 25
 

4u123

Well-Known Member
PartnerNOC
Jan 2, 2006
931
21
168
Had this problem with a customer that was moved from one server to another. He was the only one with the problem. There are alot of forum posts here about this problem and it would seem to be caused by a number of things.

The main symptom is that suddently for no apparent reason the customer cant login to pop or smtp but webmail works fine - so its safe to assume that the password is correct but the problem is with the email account(s)

I tried all sorts of options but in the end I got him to delete the addresses with the problem and create new ones - that fixed it.