rcbecca2106

Registered
Apr 23, 2019
Indonesia
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Hello, my name is Rebecca and I own a non-profit organization website. I just recently received the username and the password from the previous head of creative department of the organization (who are responsible for taking care of the site) and I don't know if they have used cPanel yet.

I wanted to redecorate the site. I'm using Zerif Lite theme and Wordpress told me to install a plugin named Orbit Fox by Themeisle for the full experience of the theme and I complied, not knowing that I have to upgrade my Wordpress before I do this. I installed the plugin and the site crashed.

When I try to access my site, the page says:

Fatal error
: Class 'WP_Rest_Controller' not found in /var/cpanel_user/home/(my username)/public_html/wp-content/plugins/themeisle-companion/vendor/codeinwp/themeisle-content-forms/class-themeisle-content-forms-server.php on line 9

I can't login either to uninstall the plugin because I have to access the site and log in from there and I can't access it now :( (I forgot what Wordpress version I'm on and I can't see it anymore because I can't log back in.)

Someone from the internet suggested logging in to cPanel, but when I tried logging in to cPanel with my Wordpress username and password, cPanel wouldn't accept it.

Can anybody help?

RoseHosting

PartnerNOC
Jan 3, 2003
Someone from the internet suggested logging in to cPanel, but when I tried logging in to cPanel with my Wordpress username and password, cPanel wouldn't accept it.
Of course you can't. You need to use your cPanel credentials to access cPanel.

Tarak Nath

Mar 12, 2018
India
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello,

cPanel username and password are different with your WordPress's credentials.

If you forgot your cPanel username and password then please contact your hosting provider for the same if you unable to reset the cPanel password. Plugins installation/uninstallation can be done from your WordPress backend.

Regards,
Tarak Nath

Reactions: cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello @rcbecca2106,

The previous posts are correct. You'll need to contact your web hosting provider to have them reset the cPanel account username and password. From there, you can access cPanel to directly modify files or databases (using the File Manager and phpMyAdmin options). Or, you can use the cPanel username and password to access the website files via a FTP client.

The following document will help you identify your web hosting provider:

How to Identify Your Hosting Provider - cPanel Knowledge Base - cPanel Documentation

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!