The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can´t login to my acounts

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rotman, Mar 24, 2006.

1. rotman

rotman Registered

Hi,

I cant login to my accounts at the moment, but all the usernames and passwords are correct.
    I can login to the accounts using my root password and then go to the accounts.

But if I want to access via ftp to the accounts it doesnt work.

In the past i had the same problem but i have forgotten the answer.. :rolleyes:

So I think its an option in the security permissions / settings in cpanel?

Thanks.

rotman

2. sparek-3

sparek-3 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Does the username and password combination for the account work for accessing the control panel of that account? You mention being unable to access the account via FTP, but I'm not sure if you are also trying the same username and password for the control panel. If you cannot access the account's control panel or FTP with the username and password combination you have, then its likely that the username and password combination is incorrect.

3. rotman

rotman Registered

Hi,

I can also not access to the control panel using the account user/pw.

Now I tried to login using my root password, the last weeks it works fine, and I now got a new problem:

"using package 15-DAY-TEST and is licensed though: Direct Licenses (active on: 2006-03-06 14:45:53, group: ENet, Inc.) and is expired/deactived by unknown on 2006-03-22 08:00:02.

Updating Internal cPanel Information.... The cPanel license server said that your license has been expired. For more information visit: http://www.cpanel.net/lic.html The exact message was: The license is expired."

Its a rented dedicated server.

I hope my support there is as fast as you here...

rotman

4. sparek-3

sparek-3 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Sounds like you just had a 15 day license from CPanel and this license has expired. You will need to take this up with your CPanel License provider.

5. PWSowner

PWSowner Well-Known Member

With cPanel, when the license is expired, a lot of things will quit working.