The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cant Login To Whm / SSH

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PedFraser, Jun 22, 2011.

1. PedFraser

PedFraser Registered

Hi i just done a fresh cpanel install on a centos5.5 vps everything installs fine i get to change setting then it asks for my password when i try to navigate around. It then says my password is wrong i have made sure it is correct then I get locked out and when I try to clear my ip via SSH it still want let me in then i get kicked from SSH then that says my password is wrong.

Sorry for the story but this isnt the 1st time its happend and i just cant figure it out lol so any help would be great

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    What settings do you change before this ends up happening?

Next, try whitelisting your IPs in WHM > cPHulk Brute Force Protection if that is what is locking you out. There is a White/Black List Management tab in that section, so place your IP(s) into "White List (Trusted IP List)" section so you aren't getting blocked.

3. PedFraser

PedFraser Registered

I changed time zone sync it up and the only other thing i changed when i moved to next option was not allow subdomains outside the public_html folder and i can get in to whm i cant even login to Shh remove my ip from brute force if that helps

4. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    If you cannot log into SSH (please note it is SSH rather than SHH), then there isn't anything that can be done other than someone with physical access to the machine to log into it to whitelist your IPs or disable cPHulk Brute Force Protection at this point. Since this isn't a common issue that I've heard happening, it's nearly impossible to troubleshoot why it is happening.

If you would like to open up a ticket after you have access to us to investigate, we would be happy to do so, but you'll need to have the machine accessible for us to look into it further. Tickets can be opened in WHM > Support Center > Contact cPanel (again, once the machine is accessible).