Andy252

Jan 30, 2003
The other day I installed and setup Cpanel / WHM on my new dedicated. I created a new account / domain on the server to test the control panel skin and to upload my site.

I am unable to login to Cpanel (Access Denied Error), and also same with FTP. I know the username and password are correct.

I AM ABLE to login to WHM.

What is the problem ?

Andy252

Jan 30, 2003
I created the account from root yes. I can login to WHM using root, but I can't login to Cpanel using anything, including test accounts.

SprintSlash

Jan 18, 2003
Well, I don't think you can login into Cpanel or FTP with root by default. But you should be able to login to Cpanel or FTP w/ the accounts you created.. perhaps there's a problem with your cpanel installation?

Try to use this and see if you can access Cpanel or FTP:
user: admin
pass: (password of root)

Andy252

Jan 30, 2003
Check PMs

No, logging in using admin / root password doesn't work. I have tried rebooting the server, i have tried restarting my cpanel services.

Could this have anything to do with the DNS / IP settings. Although I should just be able to use the main server IP, and that doesn't even work :/

FijianTribe

Jan 30, 2003
1. Make sure you are using the user name and password you set up for the site. Not root.
2. I have experienced similar problems while using Pure-ftpd. Fixed this by switching back to Proftpd.

also

Do you get the login prompt when trying to access cpanel? (www.domain.com/cpanel)
What OS are you using?

Andy252

Jan 30, 2003
I HAVE! checked the username and password, and they are NOT root ones as I have clearly stated before :/

I have tried using both FTP programs, neither of them are working. Yes, I do get a login box when attemping to login to cpanel. I know the user / passwords are working because as I said before, I am able to login to the webmail (domain.com/webmail). I am using redhar 7.3.

FijianTribe

Jan 30, 2003
I believe that SprintSlash worked with you and it was an ISP host problem?