The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cant Manually Add User

Discussion in 'Security' started by PCZero, Feb 25, 2012.

1. PCZero

PCZero Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2003
    OK this whole cPanel thing is starting to piss me off. I am migrating several accounts form an older cPanel server to a new one. One of the accounts in particular was having issues when I did the Transfer -> Copy Account From Another Server thing. I decided to delete the account off of the new server and try to add it in manually. Well apparently there is a bug in that process somewhere because when I try to manually build the account I got this error

Account Creation Status: failed
    Sorry, a group with the name pczdom already exists.

So I go to /etc/group sure enough the group names for that user is still listed. I delete it and try again.

Now I get THIS error...

Account Creation Status: failed
    Sorry, a mysql user with the name pczdom already exists.

Well guess what? There is NO USER in MySQL with the name I using for this account. WTF? Please tell me how to make site that all the scraps ARE ACTUALLY GONE when I try to delete an account that was copied over from another server... PLEASE
  2. hoststop

hoststop Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2011
    Bolton, UK
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    If the mysql user is not present, perform the command /usr/local/cpanel/bin/setupdbmap which will remap the database information.