cant open freshly installed cpanel

sialbrijendra

Jun 24, 2010
i have installed cpanel today on my fresh dedicated server but i m unable to open on any port 3087,2086,2082...

well port 80 is also not working...

what should i do now ??
whats the problem?

JaredR.

Feb 25, 2010
Houston, TX
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Disable the default firewall

By default, the iptables firewall on CentOS and Red Hat is often configured to block the ports you mentioned. Log into the shell as root and run the following commands:

Code:
# iptables-save > iptables_rules
# /etc/rc.d/init.d/iptables stop
Try to access the WebHost Manager. If you are successful, then run the following command:

Code:
# system-config-securitylevel-tui
Select "Disabled" as the security level. You will probably want to configure the iptables firewall in the future, but this will let you configure your server without being blocked by firewall rules.

If this does not help, then it is possible that your service provider's network is blocking those ports from outside, and you would need to contact them for assistance.

sialbrijendra

Jun 24, 2010
man u r awesome thanks man it worked...:)
:eek:

but i cant run this command..

system-config-securitylevel-tui

Last edited:

JaredR.

Feb 25, 2010
Houston, TX
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
It may not be installed

The command is provided by the system-config-securitylevel-tui package. It may not be installed on your server. You can check by using this command:

Code:
# rpm -q system-config-securitylevel-tui
system-config-securitylevel-tui-1.6.29.1-5.el5
If it does not exist, then you can achieve the same result by doing the following:

Code:
# cp /etc/sysconfig/iptables /root/iptables-rules-backup
# > /etc/sysconfig/iptables
This will achieve the same effect. /etc/sysconfig/iptables is what stores the iptables firewall rules that are used when the server boots, and system-config-securitylevel-tui is basically an interface to make configuring that file easier.