Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Can't ping ipv6.google.com - no timeout, no reponse

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ishware, Jun 17, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Ishware

Ishware Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    When I run the command ping6 ipv6.google.com, I get this result:

2018-06-17 20_22_25-Window.png

Which is to say that the command hangs indefinitely until I CTRL-C it.

I'm running CloudLinux+CageFS.

Any pointers on where to start with this? This is my weakest area, and I have just started trying to get IPv6 working on my server. I have a range assigned from my datacenter (X:X:X:X::/64), and I'm trying to go through Guide to IPv6 - How to Get Started With IPv6 - Version 68 Documentation - cPanel Documentation

Not being able to ping seems like a stopping point. :(

(Before I'd found that, I was getting an error trying to add X:X:X:X:: or X:X:X:X:0:0:0:) in Basic Setup...... Previous to finding all THAT I'd added the range in WHM and assigned IPv6 to each account, and going to ipv6.example.com (i.e. each domain) was working, although I don't know if I was going via IPv4 or IPv6............)

Any pointers on where to proceed with this would be very appreciated. :)

ALSO, it is DEFINITELY expected that one will get a failure trying to add x:x:x:x.0.0.0.0. I did say I was new to this. hehe

2. 24x7server

24x7server Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi,

You need to enable your NIC first with IPv6 from the server and then the cPanel guide applies. You will first have to activate IPv6 on your server and then only you will be able to get reply from IPv6 networks.. If you need to get IPv6 IP addresses from your DC first and then assign one to your server and make your server part of IPv6 network..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello @Ishware,

Do you have any firewall rules enabled that could be blocking the outgoing IPv6 connection attempt? Have you tried with IPv6 addresses other than Google?

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...