The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cant receive emails from external servers

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by jimmy31, Dec 20, 2011.

1. jimmy31

jimmy31 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hi,
    I have a problem with my mail server, I cant receive any email from external servers, but I can send them out, however I can send and receive them locally on the server. Everytime I send an email to info@mydomain.com I got mailer deamon message like this

"Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

info@yourdomain.com

Technical details of permanent failure:
    Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 550 550-5.1.1 The email account that you tried to reach does not exist. Please try
    550-5.1.1 double-checking the recipient's email address for typos or
    550-5.1.1 unnecessary spaces. Learn more at
    550 5.1.1 http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=6596 k8si877004icw.21 (state 14)."

I did smtp test with mxtoolbox, and it showed me "Warning - Reverse DNS does not match SMTP Banner". Anyone know what could be wrong in my Cpanel? Thanks in advance.

#1 jimmy31, Dec 20, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2011
  2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Do you only have access to webmail and cPanel on the machine without access to the backend via root SSH or to root WHM? If that is the case, your hosting provider will need to troubleshoot the issue.

3. jimmy31

jimmy31 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    I think I have access to backend via root SSH, although I've never use that thing... there is some SSH/Shell Access icon under Security tab and there are no keys installed, should I install one?

#3 jimmy31, Dec 20, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2011
  4. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    cPanel wouldn't allow root SSH access but only cPanel account user SSH access if available there. Do you have a root password for WHM access? You would need root access to get to SSH to perform any email troubleshooting. The first step to knowing if you have root SSH is having root WHM access where the username you use to log into WHM is root