Can't receive emails from my domain

Gemivere

Registered
Jan 19, 2020
Largo
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
I've been working on this issue on and off for the last week. I got my websites design as a free download, all the code preformatted and commented for easy installation and editing. This included a form where visitors can send me an email, which I was excited about. But after playing around with it, I found that gmail automatically sent all the emails from that form to my spam box. I did some digging, installed DKIM and SPF records, waited three days for it to take effect, contacted my domain host who corrected my DKIM records, waited 3 more days, contacted them again today and they said they couldn't find any problems on their end.

Finally, after all this trouble, I decided I would simply have the emails sent to my domain webmail. I created a new domain email and changed the send address of the form to my webmail and received this message:
Code:
This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

[email protected]
    The mail server could not deliver mail to [new webmail].  The account or domain may not exist, they may be blacklisted, or missing the proper dns entries.
Reporting-MTA: dns; hs32.name.com

Action: failed
Final-Recipient: rfc822;[new webmail]
I don't know what to do, can anybody help me?

Last edited by a moderator:

Gemivere

Registered
Jan 19, 2020
Largo
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Do the MX records for this domain point to the server? If so what is the cPanel>>Email>>Email Routing set for the domain?
I do not understand much of what you just said but I ran an mx test and didn't see anything out of place.

Code:
     Certificate    
      Primary
Common Name: domain.com

Issuer: Encryption Everywhere DV TLS CA - G2
    Expires: 12 months
    Valid From: 1/18/2020
    Valid To: 1/18/2021

Serial: 076311B0DF79B35B1757131B8EC7F678
    Algorithm: sha256RSA

Common Name: Encryption Everywhere DV TLS CA - G2

Issuer: DigiCert Global Root G2
    Expires: 8 years
    Valid From: 11/27/2017
    Valid To: 11/27/2027

Serial: 0DE0FFB5EE62CB61109F608C9CED5ED3
    Organization: DigiCert Inc

Common Name: DigiCert Global Root G2

Issuer: DigiCert Global Root G2
    Expires: Never
    Valid From: 8/1/2013
    Valid To: 1/15/2038

Serial: 033AF1E6A711A9A0BB2864B11D09FAE5
    Organization: DigiCert Inc

Test     Result
    HTTP Connect    
    HTTP Filter    
    HTTP Delay Check     Success - response in 156 ms
    HTTPS Certificate Check    
    HTTPS Certificate Expiration

Last edited by a moderator:

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
What you're providing doesn't have anything to do with the MX records, this looks like a certificate report.

If you go to cPanel>>Email>>Email Routing you can see where cPanel thinks your domain's mail goes, Remote or Local or Automatic.

Gemivere

Registered
Jan 19, 2020
Largo
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
1579561982740.png
this is what I see on my panel. I checked a few of these that sounded similar to email routing but the closest I found to usable info was track delivery and that just repeats the error for why it's not delivering.

The mail server could not deliver mail to [new email address]. The account or domain may not exist, they may be blacklisted, or missing the proper dns entries.

Email Deliverability says there is a problem with my DKIM but according to my domain host, the DKIM I got from Email Deliverability was incorrect, and they corrected it themselves.

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
This would indicate that your provider has removed that feature from your cPanel account. I'd suggest working with them further to rectify the issue since you do not have access.

Gemivere

Registered
Jan 19, 2020
Largo
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
This would indicate that your provider has removed that feature from your cPanel account. I'd suggest working with them further to rectify the issue since you do not have access.
I've already talked with my provider and they sent me here. According to them, there's nothing on their end that should be preventing emails from getting through to my inbox.

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Hello,

Some things I would like to point out:

1. The email routing interface not being present in your cPanel is absolutely not something we're able to assist you with. We have no access or control over the settings your provider has chosen.

2. You do not have root access to the server to make these changes, this isn't something I can provide you assistance with without that access.

That being said it is negligible for your provider to not be providing you with assistance while not allowing you access to the feature that would resolve this. If they don't know how to manage this issue, they are welcome to open a ticket with us for the server your account is hosted on but I would personally be hesitant to continue doing business with this provider and move to one that is able to manage their servers appropriately.