The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't receive Yahoo email with Horde

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by coldshot, May 3, 2010.

1. coldshot

coldshot Registered

May 3, 2010

I've recently set up Horde as my webmail and have been experiencing lots of issues with yahoo mail

I just cant seem to receive mails from yahoo accounts. I can send out via horde but i get a message saying my email address does not exist if i try replying from yahoo.

This is the error message that i get:

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at
    I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
    This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out. does not like recipient.
    Remote host said: 550-5.1.1 The email account that you tried to reach does not exist. Please try
    550-5.1.1 double-checking the recipient's email address for typos or
    550-5.1.1 unnecessary spaces. Learn more at
    550 5.1.1 'This Gmail user does not exist...' - Gmail Help r20si11381748wam.62
    Giving up on

Appreciate if someone can help me out here
  2. thewebhostingdi

thewebhostingdi Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2008
    Please make sure that you have entered the correct recipients email address and also check for PTR record In some cases, Yahoo and Hotmail reject emails if PTR record is not properly set in mail server.

Moreover, also check whether the senders mail IP address is not blacklisted. You can check it from the below mentioned URL:

Email Blacklist Check - See if your server is blacklisted