The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't release IP to change IP for account

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pingo, Jul 17, 2003.

1. pingo

pingo Well-Known Member

Does anybody know why WHM doesn't release an Ip? I go to 'Show/edit reserved IPs' which are all reserved. I then unmarks the checkbox for the IP which shold be assigned to the account and WHM returns this:

Found 0 free ips. /etc/ipaddrpool has been updated

I've rebuild the IP pool several times but without any success. I've also checked /etc/ipaddrpool and nothing is listed in there.

The IP block were installed a few days ago and I successfully assigned IPs for private nameservers yesterday using /etc/nameserverips where all of the IPs installed are listed.

Does anybody here know off a solution to this problem? Any input is gratefully received.

Thanks
    John

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. Stefaans

Stefaans Well-Known Member

I have had a similar problem before but cannot remember how got around it. Sorry.

Guessing now, I wonder if adding the IP to /etc/ipaddrpool will help? On our box it lists only the available IP's.

3. pingo

pingo Well-Known Member

Thanks for responding Steefans. If so I don't know how they should be added there. In /etc/nameserverips they are listed as

< ip-no > = 0

All the IPs are shown in /etc/nameserverips, but I can't change IP for an account because WHM won't release reserved IPs. Sigh, probably one more of those strange cPanel problems. As nobody is responding it is probably either a stupid question or a strange problem :p

John

#3 pingo, Jul 17, 2003
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2003
  4. Stefaans

Stefaans Well-Known Member

My /etc/ipaddrpool simply lists the available IP's one per line, e.g.

5. pingo

pingo Well-Known Member

Hi Stefaans,

I don't remember how it were fixed the last time, but I had the same problem on another server and simply added it manually to /etc/ipaddrpool - afterwards it were shown and I could assign it to an account. Thanks for the tip! :D

John