Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Can't remove IP from WHM - please help.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pingo, Nov 25, 2002.

1. pingo

pingo Well-Known Member

I added an IP to WHM and now I need to remove it, but I can't. It is assigned to a nameserver for a reseller account each time I click 'Assign an IP Address'. - I removed it from the IP pool and it is not listed anywhere anymore. But it continues to be assigned to nameservers by WHM. Does anybody know this problem? How can I remove it when it isn't listed there anymore?

Thanks
    John

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Kingman

Kingman Active Member
    PartnerNOC

Have a look to see if its still listed in /etc/nameserverips

3. pingo

pingo Well-Known Member

Thanks Kingsman for responding - I accessed it with putty and the Ip has been moved - so it should be gone, but the strange thing is that it I choose 'Manage Assigned Nameserver Ips' below reseller center this same IP is still shown ... done - but it doesn't matter now - I have learned how to assing the IPs to the nameservers now without using WHMs auto-select feature.

John

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...