Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Cant reset password

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by factoryfouroh, Mar 7, 2019.

1. factoryfouroh

factoryfouroh Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    Can anyone help me please? For some reason my password does not work, and the email link does not work. I was able to sign up to this forum and get the signup email in a second - but my password reset attempts are not working I am not getting any emails. I did not forget my password as I copy-and paste the same password for decades - it stopped working. Anything I try requires the same login screen, so I cannot reach anyone from cPanel Any admin online, please help.

2. factoryfouroh

factoryfouroh Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    Anyone please? If I need to call my credit card company to cancel my 3-days old subscription I am also going to file a formal complaint with the BBB. Seriously, this is your Customer Support? When a single e-mail link fails the result is total isolation?

Three days ago I signed up for a one month subscription to test cPanel, and now I just want to forget I have even done that... this kinda service failures lose customers and create bad reputation.

I used Virtualmin ticket system many times so I have a basis to compare - theirs work much better, I am going to stick with them in the future. I never had any facebook, twitter, whatever accounts - I use email, can anyone please provide me with some way to reset my password and be able to log back in to my account?

Again - I did not forget my password, I rotate the same passwords by copy and paste for decades. I CANNOT forget a password. And even if I did - how do I reset it, I get marketing emails from cPanel but no reset link?

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello @factoryfouroh,

I'm sorry to see you're having trouble accessing your cPanel account. The information you provided suggests this is an individual hosting account purchased from a web hosting provider. Is that correct? If so, you'll need to reach out to your web hosting provider to see if they can reset your cPanel account's password. We document how to identify your web hosting provider on the link below:

How to Identify Your Hosting Provider - cPanel Knowledge Base - cPanel Documentation

Let me know if this helps.

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...