cjmwebdesigns

Dec 20, 2003
New Jersey
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
Today my client crashed his website and asked for me to do a restore.

Practice for me was to always remove the account and then do the restore with the database.

The system continues to fail. It seems to believe the account exists on the system, but does not exist when I look for it.

The restore failed because the username “newbed1” is invalid or not an existing cPanel user.
Failed: Account Restore Failed: “Account failure: The restore failed because the username “acctname1” is invalid or not an existing cPanel user.”

Little garbled from the copy and paste...

Even when I attempt to restore from CP Full backup and click overwrite existing user it fails.

How do I find where this username is hung on the server?

Infopro

May 20, 2003
Pennsylvania
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter

cjmwebdesigns

Dec 20, 2003
New Jersey
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
Sounds like you're trying to restore the backup from the cPanel account, instead of WHM. Is that correct? Here are docs for properly restoring a cPanel backup:
Restore a Full Backup/cpmove File - Documentation - cPanel Documentation
Nope, that is exactly how I am doing it. When I click Overwrite existing user it fails with the error above. If I restore without the checkbox it tells me that the account exists.

Within my own support system I tried to create and it says users exists, tried to delete, says data cannot be found.

I have no idea where WHM/cPanel sees this account name.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello :)

Please ensure you enter a valid username (all lowercase characters). Do you notice any additional output to /usr/local/cpanel/logs/error_log when attempting to create this user?

Thank you.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
I am happy to see the issue is now resolved. Thank you for updating us with the outcome.