The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cant restore backups from 2nd drive , any clues

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sleuth1, Feb 21, 2005.

1. sleuth1

sleuth1 Well-Known Member

Just had an OS reload and desperate to get accounts back up, the backup 2nd drive has been remounted and accounts seem fine there, but the whm backup restore tool comes up empty for /weekly on second drive @ /hdb. the accounts are clearly there and appear to be intact but for some reason the restore tool wont recognise them, does anyt one have any clues on this ?

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Are the backup files under the correct path (i.e. if you have configured Backup to save into /backup, that the backup files are in /backup/cpbackup/weekly/*).

Also, if you want to restore using the data from the original disk and not use the backups, you could always follow this thread - I've used it successfully for several clients:
    http://forum.ev1servers.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38797

3. sleuth1

thanks for the response chirpy , yes the backup is just /hdb (second drive) in configure file for backup, when I ssh to /hdb I see cpbackup/weekly there , I see all accounts and they look fine, going back to restore / weekly shows up but the directory ias empty , its got me beat,

4. sleuth1

There seems to be something missing from these accounts that makes cpanel not recognise them as user accounts , tried to use this script on one account and got invalid username

/scripts/pkgacct USERNAME ( with the correct usename of course)

5. sleuth1

seems to be an ownership problem , instead of usernames the stored directories have numbers next to them, and of course if you try and change the ownership via chmod , such as 'chmod someuser hisdirectory" it shows " invalid user' anyone have any ideas on this ?

6. tulsabobt

tulsabobt Active Member

I have the same problem. Any solutions?

7. sleuth1

Yep it is very simple , and overlooked the obvious with this post , go into WHM backup config

put in restore only mode

"Incremental backup (only backup what has changed. (**No Compression**, not compatible w/ftp backups) "

this is the setting that counts , check either one until your backups appear , the problem is non recogniton of the uncompressed files , compressed files on your back up drive when this is checked, unchecked

Make sure backup is not in ftp backup mode