wrender

Sep 29, 2007
I know this is not cPanel related really, but I thought this would be a good place to post this. I've installed Drush 8 on a cPanel/Centos 7 server using the instructions here:
docs.drush.org/en/master/install/

Previously I had installed Drush 6.2 using Pear and it worked fine, but it is no longer supported to install that way.

When I run a drush command on a Drupal website as root, it works but when I try to run it as a regular cPanel user account it fails with:

Code:
Access denied for user 'kenji'@'localhost'
Code:
Command pm-refresh needs a higher bootstrap level to run - you will need to invoke drush from a more functional Drupal environment to run[error]
this command.
Or when running other commands:
Code:
No Drupal site found
It seems as though I'm missing some sort of permissions that are only available as root.

Last edited:

wrender

Sep 29, 2007
I was able to find the issue. On this cPanel server in particular there were .my.cnf files in each user's home directory. Drush 8 seems to take precedence on this file and tries to use it to bootstrap Drupal. I just deleted this folder in each home folder and now Drush 8 is working on this server. Hope this helps somebody else.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello :)

I am happy to see the issue is now resolved. Thank you for updating us with the outcome.