The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't See Any Files Or Folders In File Manager

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bharav, Jul 24, 2011.

1. bharav

bharav Registered

When I open the file manager opening home directory showing hidden/dot files, I see no files there, it says this directory is empty. And also I can't see the folders below the Home directory on the left side. And when I open my website it shows error 500 Internal Server Error. As you may know, there is an option of going into the web root (public_html/www), when I open this I see .htaccess file which if I delete, it comes back. Again I can't see the folders below the home directory on the left side. I mean there is definitely a directory named public_html but it is not shown in the home directory as it was before. Whatever CMS I install from fantastico, I'll get a 500 error, I have tried making a subdomain and installing some CMS in it but it didn't work as well. PLease help me with this problem.
    Here is the error log, I don't understand actually, plz help me with this,
    <home directory> .htaccess: Expected </title></title> but saw </head>

#1 bharav, Jul 24, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2011
  2. bharav

bharav Registered

please help someone !!

3. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Sounds like you've got some files/folders permissions or ownership issues here. Do you have root access to this server? If no, you'll need to bring this up with your host so that they can set owner of these directories back to your user.