The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't see backups

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by steel rat, Jan 26, 2005.

1. steel rat

steel rat Active Member

I have WHM running daily backups of all domains. The backups are going to my second HDD mounted on /backup.

The backup log shows everything going fine, no error messages at all. But when I login as root and cd /backup, it's empty. There should be a cpbackup directory, and a daily dir under that with files for each domain.

What am I missing here?

Thanks!

2. steel rat

steel rat Active Member

Quick follow-up. WHM can seem to see the daily backups, at least it shows all the domains there. But there is no date/time stamp to show when the last backup was, seems pretty hit or miss to me.

And I should still be able to see them in SSH, right?

3. JP-HOST

JP-HOST Well-Known Member

Is the "Remount/Unmount backup drive (requires a seperate drive/coda/nfs mount)" option Enabled or Disabled in WHM?

If enabled then you will need to mount the /backup before you can see anything in the dir.

4. steel rat

steel rat Active Member

It is enabled, since having it disabled seemed to prevent backups from working at all.

I tried the mount command, got no error messages, but still can't see anything in the dir.

5. JP-HOST

JP-HOST Well-Known Member

That is strange. I just tried it. I checked /backup it was empty. Went back to the root dir and typed mount /backup. I then checked /backup and now there is a directory cpbackup listed in the backup folder. However I then umount /backup from root, then cd /backup. Verified that it was showing empty again. Typed mount /backup again then did a long list commmand and it showed up empty... :confused: cd/ then cd /backup and the cpbackup is there again... :confused: strange...