The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't seem to figure out how to send mail from another IP

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by thetzfreak, Sep 23, 2010.

1. thetzfreak

thetzfreak Registered

Sep 19, 2010
    Hey all,

I've got a dedicated server with multiple IPs, and I gave one of my domains its own IP--but mail is still sent from the server IP. As far as I know, I've followed all instructions to the finest detail according to this, but mail still gets sent from the server hostname and server IP (and not the domain name and its dedicated IP).

In exim configuration editor, I have checked the box next to "Send HELO based on the domain name in /etc/mailhelo (*: HELONAME can be added to the file to change the default helo name)" as well as the box next to "Send outgoing mail from the ip that matches the domain name in /etc/mailips (*: IP can be added to the file to change the main outgoing interface)".

Here is what I have in mailhelo:
    Here is what I have in mailips:
    I wasn't sure what to do with the "mail_reverse_dns" file, but this is what I have there, too:
    Am I missing anything else? It seems I've done everything the instructions told me to do.

All help is appreciated! Thanks!