The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't send and recieve email

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by mohsyn, Jun 18, 2005.

1. mohsyn

mohsyn Member

Neither i can send and recieve emails nor i m getting any errors. Please help its urgent.

2. dalem

dalem Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    not enough info to help :confused:

3. webignition

webignition Well-Known Member

Firstly I think its fair to say that it is nigh on virtually impossible to fail to connect to a mail server and not get an error - therefore you're not spotting the errors or not looking closely enough.

If you are an end user, you should contact your host for support and that's that.

If not, please post more information as from your description the possibilities are practically endless.

1. Is it a DNS issue? Is your website working? Can you ping your IP? Can you ping your domain? Is a traceroute to your IP and domain successful? These should help you spot an obvious DNS error.

2. Is Exim running? Check the service status in WHM and the Exim logs for recent errors.

3. SMTP: try to telnet to your domain on port 25 and see what happens. Can you connect? Any errors?

4. POP and IMAP: try to telnet to your domain on ports 110 and 143 respectively. Again, can you connect? Any errors?

5. Firewalls. Consider any possible client- or server-side firewall that could be interfering.

6. Mail client: What OS and mail client are you using? Have you tried another? What about webmail?

4. dalem

dalem Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    and on and on and on

my mail is broke just does not cut it