The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't Send Email From Client

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by longtex, Dec 11, 2003.

1. longtex

longtex Member

This is really weird. If it would just break completely, I'd be happier, because maybe I could track it down - but as it is, it works for a while, and then doesn't work... and then works, and then doesn't... it's making me crazy.

email clients (Outlook, Eudora, kMail) can read but can't send (for domain "users" only - the top level domain "owners" work okay). Worse, it comes and goes. Example, earlier today I tried to send an email and got "the" error message, which goes like this: Can't send to ''. Server gives this reason: '550 email client.'; a few minutes later, I tried again, and it went right on through. An hour later, tried to send two messages through the same user, and back to the error - and this time retrying hasn't worked - it's been non-working for a couple of hours. Does anyone have ANY idea what to look for? The message isn't to (*&$ing useful...

Server RH9, cpanel, whm 8.5.1

2. B12Org

B12Org Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Same here. This is what I get

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'Accounts', Server: 'mail.domain.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

And thats all it tells me. It works sometimes, but 90% of the time it doesnt. ANy ideas anyone?

3. longtex

longtex Member

This is different than my error. I have a connection, and the top level (domain owners) work 100%, but the lower level users were failing. I was sure it was the server side, since it didn't matter whic of several clients were used, and I'm even more certain now. I had managed to break things entirely by rebooting the server (it hung, and I had to have a hardware reset done), but that did temporarily correct the problem. Then a day or two ago I tried restarting just exim, and bingo! it started working immdiately.