The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can't send email from form

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Stanleytiew, Feb 25, 2006.

1. Stanleytiew

Stanleytiew Well-Known Member

I'm facing one problem that form created on website unable to send email to any third party email address except to my own domain or any other domain hosted on the same server. Sending email to Yahoo and hotmail also failed. Sending email using webmail or outlook express is working well. I am using sendmail method and smtp in my form to send email but both method does not work. Is there any setting in the server preventing email from sending out.

2. rustelekom

rustelekom Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

you should check /var/log/exim_mainlog.

3. webignition

webignition Well-Known Member

Check if you have "Prevent the user 'nobody' from sending out mail to remote addresses (php and cgi scripts generally run as nobody if you are not using phpsuexec and suexec respectively.)" checked in WHM.

If it is checked, follow the advice it gives regarding suexec and phpsuexec.

4. Stanleytiew

it there any compromise in security if nobody is enable, can anybody just send email using my server without control.

5. celliott

celliott Well-Known Member

I found that running that tweak caused me major problems with emails and the common unroutable domain error. Php in terms of security is quite insecure, its something you have to live with. No people cant use your server to send mail unless they can upload a file onto the server. Unticking that box should fix your problem.

Chris

6. Stanleytiew

How to control our client from sending junk email, where do we check who is sending bulk email using script that bypass smtp.