Can't send emails from any website

Marcela

Registered
Jun 29, 2018
Colombia
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi! i have a CentOS 7 server and i have multiple websites hosted in there but for some reason from any of the websites i cant send emails throught the forms, i thought it was the mail() function but is apparently ok, what can i do?

The websites are built on html, wordpress and joomla and i already tested it all.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello @Marcela,

Do you encounter any specific error messages when attempting to send the emails? Is WHM >> SMTP Restrictions enabled on this system, and/or are you using CSF Firewall?

Thank you.

SS-Maddy

Mar 28, 2009
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Check these settings as well and the output of the command,

telnet 127.0.0.1 25 (from the server's shell itself). It should show output instead of connection timeout.

And if it has CSF installed, check for the setting named SMTP_BLOCK and make sure it is not enabled (set to 1)

Reactions: cPanelMichael

Marcela

Registered
Jun 29, 2018
Colombia
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello @Marcela,

Do you encounter any specific error messages when attempting to send the emails? Is WHM >> SMTP Restrictions enabled on this system, and/or are you using CSF Firewall?

Thank you.
Hi, i tried to look if i had a firewall and apparently i don't.
When i tried to put "CSF" on the Terminal it said "Command not found" and what i looked to WHM >> SMTP it doesn't seems to have any problem/Restriction with it.

Any idea? and thanks your fast answer.

SS-Maddy

Mar 28, 2009
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello @Marcela

Can you please let me know what appears in the /var/log/exim_mainlog when you send email from the contact form pages of the sites which uses the mail() function. Also I sincerely hope mail() function is not disabled either in the php's disable_functions. Only a remote possibility is there.

Marcela

Registered
Jun 29, 2018
Colombia
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello @Marcela

Can you please let me know what appears in the /var/log/exim_mainlog when you send email from the contact form pages of the sites which uses the mail() function. Also I sincerely hope mail() function is not disabled either in the php's disable_functions. Only a remote possibility is there.
Hi! thank you for reply to my questions.
Where can i find /var/log/exim_mainlog? should i search it through ssh or just from cpanel?

Thanks again.

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
HI @Marcela

You'd need to log in to the server via SSH and then when you send mail run something like:

For the last 100 lines:
Code:
tail -100 /var/log/exim_mainlog
To follow the log (if the server isn't really busy and you can do this right before you send mail)
Code:
tail -f /var/log/exim_mainlog