Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Can't Send emails

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by hoobascank, Dec 7, 2004.

1. hoobascank

hoobascank Registered

I've looked through the forums for about 3 hrs now, tried several differnt issues to fix this. None of the previous attempts have worked thus far. This is the error I get:

Task 'Email Name - Sending' reported error (0x80042109) : 'Outlook is unable to connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

I time out when telneting to the port (telnet fragspy.com 25) but doesn't time out imediately. Port isn't blocked with my ISP. Tried with another client to connect that is on a different ISP and in another state - same error.

Upgraded the Cpanel to the latest 'stable' version, still has same issue. Checked log files - don't see any pertaining errors within. Anyone have any valuable advice?

Can recieve email perfectly .. just can't send.

2. bking

bking Well-Known Member

Are you sure the port is not blocked on yours and the other ISP? Alot of ISPs block port 25 nowadays...

I cannot connect to you from my ISP as they block port 25...same thing its not straight away but it times out. If I connect to you from another box, I am able to get through..

Try running exim on port 26 and connecting that way? What happens?

Brad