The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can't send mail to yahoo or hotmail

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by techsupport1, Feb 8, 2007.

1. techsupport1

techsupport1 Member

hello

I have a VPS server with the WHM and Cpanel. I can send mails to any domain from my webmail. The only problem is when i send mail to yahoo or hotmail account. I never received anything. Does anybody here have a clue what is the problem.

I have asked my domain host to create reverse dns with my domain still same.

I have created mx records etc.

I have run dnsreport and i dont have any critical error.

I really dont know how this can be resolve.

regards

sebastien

2. cjmwebdesigns

cjmwebdesigns Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Did you check the Queue Mail Manager to see if they are there in a pending state? Sometimes when you click those e-mails and there is an issue you can click Send Now and it will give back the error message.

Check that error message against the particular carry to see if for some reason you are blocked.

Also, did you check your spam folders at hotmail and yahoo?

3. techsupport1

techsupport1 Member

Hello

I have check in my WHM. There are no mails pending. I have checked my junk mail folder on both yahoo and hotmail. All mails send to yahoo or hotmail will go in the junk folder.
    How to get my mail going directy in my inbox?

regards

4. cjmwebdesigns

cjmwebdesigns Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    I'm not sure per say, but, I know at least on hotmail I have added my own e-mail account from my server to the "safe list" or whatever they call it.

Yahoo, I have more crap in the inbox than I know what to do with. Are you saying you found your mails in the junk folder? They could be getting labled based on your subject or e-mail content.

5. techsupport1

techsupport1 Member

This server is driving me crazy. But i can't add my hotmail address on the safe list of email.
    When i will send mail to other hotmail account it will go again in junk folder.

I have even configured a new domain name and still when i send mail from my webmail to any yahoo account it finish in the junk mail.

I have try different subjet and label still doesnt help.

Any other ideas?

regards
    sebastien

6. Lyttek

Lyttek Well-Known Member

Got it backwards...

Hotmail is thinking that messages coming TO it FROM your server are spam... hence them ending up in the junk folder.

What you have to do at Hotmail is add your SERVER email addresses to the safelist/whitelist ... at Hotmail, since that's where the filtering is happening.

7. ujr

ujr Well-Known Member

which webmail are you using? are you sending from a real address? is your mail ip or domain on a blacklist? are you using SPF?

AOL, Yahoo, Hotmail are known to greylist or delay incoming messages. With these accounts it may be a good idea to add your sending email to your account's whitelist, or if you set it to Enhanced in Hotmail, you want to make sure it's in your contacts AND safe list.