The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't set filter destination to same domain, only external email

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by traviscox, Jan 31, 2004.

1. traviscox

traviscox Member

Greetings,

Following on from the thread located at http://forums.cpanel.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19494&highlight=filter+and+email+and+address, I have made some progress but have now run into a wall again. Hopefully this thread might get a response...*crossing fingers*

I want to create a filter so that any mail matching certain criteria (eg: from someone@evildomain.com or where body matches regex blahblah) will be sent to a different email address on my domain.

For example, a spammer sends an email to email1@mydomain.com and the filter detects the words "Free Cable TV" in the subject line. I want to set the destination for this email to email2@mydomain.com rather than discarding it.

However, whilst I have managed to redirect emails from email1@mydomain.com to myaccount@lycos.com, I cannot get them to redirect to email2@mydomain.com - it's as though they must be sent to an external location only, which seems weird.

Any thoughts, comments or suggestions most welcome!

2. traviscox

traviscox Member

All,

This problem resolved itself two days later for no apparent reason. Perhaps it took a while before the new email address was valid or something, but in any event - the emails can be now diverted to an email in my domain.

3. GeeZuZz

GeeZuZz Registered

I have the same problem, and it does not solve itself... :(

When testing the filter, it detects the subjects, and say it will be delivered to the email adress, but it does not do it when real mail is sent.

Any suggestions?