Can't Setup emails on Apple Mail App

Abdul B

Registered
Jul 23, 2019
UAE
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi everyone,

I have a godaddy VPS server with Cpanel. I can setup my email on all email clients except iOS and macOS mail app. I'm able to login, but i wont receive / send any emails.
Server hostname, port number everything is fine. It just wont work. I've tried looking for it elsewhere, but found no solution.

Can anyone Please help me with this?

Thank you

keat63

Nov 20, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I had a similar isue with IOS recently.
On your IOS Device in your mail account settings, try disabling SSL along with secure password authentication

keat63

Nov 20, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Don't remove the SSL from your Cpanel

I also have SSL cert installed, and found that those mac mail changes were the only way I could get the MacBook Air to connect.
Unfortunely for me, the IOS device is remote, and I don't have access to investigate further.
I was just relieved that I got it to work.

I can't remember exactly where I found the settings, or which version of IOS it was using, as I'm not that familiar with IOS or MacBook.
I'm going to assume Yosemite as this rings a bell with me.
Somewhere inside the mail client software, possible preferences or account.

I do suspect that my issue was related to SSL, but until the client returns back to the office, there's little I can do to figure out the exact cause.

If your issue is SSL related then maybe this may also shed some light.

Certificate domain mismatch error when connecting to a DreamHost mail server

Its specifiaclly aimed at some random hosting provider, but you may gain some info from it.

Reactions: Abdul B

Abdul B

Registered
Jul 23, 2019
UAE
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Don't remove the SSL from your Cpanel

I also have SSL cert installed, and found that those mac mail changes were the only way I could get the MacBook Air to connect.
Unfortunely for me, the IOS device is remote, and I don't have access to investigate further.
I was just relieved that I got it to work.

I can't remember exactly where I found the settings, or which version of IOS it was using, as I'm not that familiar with IOS or MacBook.
I'm going to assume Yosemite as this rings a bell with me.
Somewhere inside the mail client software, possible preferences or account.

I do suspect that my issue was related to SSL, but until the client returns back to the office, there's little I can do to figure out the exact cause.

If your issue is SSL related then maybe this may also shed some light.

Certificate domain mismatch error when connecting to a DreamHost mail server

Its specifiaclly aimed at some random hosting provider, but you may gain some info from it.

As you suggested, I tried it.
Now, i can only receive emails, but can't send.

Can you please check with the client at your office, if possible?

Last edited:

keat63

Nov 20, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Sorry, I only have one user who utilises IOS, and he's overseas.
I won't gain access to this equipment until September when he returns back to the UK.

I guess the fact that you can receive is a start, I'd suggest maybe looking at the outgoing ports for sending.
Take a look and see if you are sending on port 25. and not 587.

I suspect the issue you are facing is probably the same one as I encountered, something to do with SSL.
But like I say, my hands are pretty much tied until September.

cPanelLauren

Forums Analyst II
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
I also use iOS and OSX to send/recieve my own cPanel mail (all domains secured with an SSL) and I haven't encountered any issues though it's quite possible an update they pushed did cause one for some people.

@Abdul B what are the outgoing mail settings? Port, SSL/TLS selection etc. Is there an error when sending mail either in the client or on the server at /var/log/maillog?