Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cant trace my RAM problem with cPanel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mazzzzi, Nov 17, 2017.

1. Mazzzzi

Mazzzzi Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Dear Cpanel users,

I hope you guys can help me.
    Since yesterday my wordpress site is working terrebly slow and can't access things anymore.
    Now i start digging and found in WHM some processes run by Cpanel i think.

PID: 7611
    Owner: cpanelsolr
    Memory: 16%
    Command:
    /usr/lib/jvm/jre-1.8.0/bin/java -server -Xms512m -Xmx512m -XX:NewRatio=3 -XX:SurvivorRatio=4 -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=90 -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=8 -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:ConcGCThreads=4 -XX:ParallelGCThreads=4 -XX:+CMSScavengeBeforeRemark -XX:PretenureSizeThreshold=64m -XX:+UseCMSInitiatingOccupancyOnly -XX:CMSInitiatingOccupancyFraction=50 -XX:CMSMaxAbortablePrecleanTime=6000 -XX:+CMSParallelRemarkEnabled -XX:+ParallelRefProcEnabled -XX:-OmitStackTraceInFastThrow -verbose:gc -XX:+PrintHeapAtGC -XX:+PrintGCDetails -XX:+PrintGCDateStamps -XX:+PrintGCTimeStamps -XX:+PrintTenuringDistribution -XX:+PrintGCApplicationStoppedTime -Xloggc:/home/cpanelsolr/server/logs/solr_gc.log -XX:+UseGCLogFileRotation -XX:NumberOfGCLogFiles=9 -XX:GCLogFileSize=20M -Dsolr.log.dir=/home/cpanelsolr/server/logs -Djetty.port=8984 -DSTOP.PORT=7984 -DSTOP.KEY=solrrocks -Dhost=127.0.0.1 -Duser.timezone=UTC -Djetty.home=/home/cpanelsolr/server -Dsolr.solr.home=/home/cpanelsolr/server/solr -Dsolr.install.dir=/home/cpanelsolr -Xss256k -Dsolr.autoSoftCommit.maxTime=3000 -Dsolr.log.muteconsole -XX:OnOutOfMemoryError=/home/cpanelsolr/bin/oom_solr.sh 8984 /home/cpanelsolr/server/logs -jar start.jar --module=http

After killing this process. My website runs again like a smooth baby.
    Please help me guys... Can't trace the problem :(

2. cPWilliamL

cPWilliamL cP Technical Analyst II
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi,

This is the dovecot solr FTS process:
    64 Release Notes - Version 64 Documentation - cPanel Documentation

If you would like, you can disable the service at WHM > Service Configuration > Service Manager: "cpanel-dovecot-solr".

You can see from the '-Xms' and '-Xmx' directives, it should be fairly limited to 512M. I do recall they stated that it is possible for it to exceed these limits at times, which is why you see the 'OnOutOfMemoryError' directive in the process name. If an OOM event was triggered for this process, you should see the log for it at '/home/cpanelsolr/server/logs/solr_oom_killer*'.

I do find it strange that this would correct your issue. If it did, it may just be a part of your memory issue, and there may be 'Out of memory' errors in '/var/log/messages'.

Thanks,

Mazzzzi likes this.