The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't update apache with Curl SSL support.

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by ClearSky, Jan 3, 2005.

1. ClearSky

ClearSky Well-Known Member

Hi, I've been trying to get apache upgraded with CURL SSL support and everytime it just errors out. I'm at my whits end right now as I have to have CURL SSL. Before I upgraded PHP to 4.3.10 this wasn't a problem, since then it's been a huge headache. Here is the error I'm getting, hoping someone can help me out here and point me in the right direction.

(this is part of the build log displayed with easyapache)

make curl-7.12.0....... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Done

make[2]: *** [curl] Error 1
    make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
    make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

make curl-7.12.0...(install).... . Done

make[2]: *** [curl] Error 1
    make[1]: *** [install] Error 2
    make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1

Untarring php....Done
    Applying CURL curl_formfree patch
    patching file ext/curl/curl.c
    Hunk #1 succeeded at 563 (offset 18 lines).
    Hunk #2 succeeded at 892 (offset 7 lines).

configure php-4.3.10...(--with-apxs=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs --with-xml --enable-bcmath --enable-calendar --with-curl --enable-ftp --with-gd --with-jpeg-dir=/usr/local --with-png-dir=/usr --with-xpm-dir=/usr/X11R6 --with-mcrypt --enable-magic-quotes --with-mysql --enable-discard-path --with-pear --enable-sockets --enable-track-vars --enable-versioning --with-zlib).... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Done

configure: error: There is something wrong. Please check config.log for more information.

make php-4.3.10...(clean).... Done

make php-4.3.10....... Done

make php-4.3.10...(install).... Done

/etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd start: httpd could not be started

configure php-4.3.10...(--prefix=/usr --with-xml --enable-bcmath --enable-calendar --with-curl --enable-ftp --with-gd --with-jpeg-dir=/usr/local --with-png-dir=/usr --with-xpm-dir=/usr/X11R6 --with-mcrypt --enable-magic-quotes --with-mysql --enable-discard-path --with-pear --enable-sockets --enable-track-vars --enable-versioning --with-zlib).... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Done

configure: error: There is something wrong. Please check config.log for more information.

2. ClearSky

Well I tried more last night, I cannot get CPanel to build CURL SSL w/ Apache w/o lots of errors. So I guess I have to try to build it myself, of course that brings in the worry of breaking future cpanel builds. Joy.

3. Apexity

Apexity Member

I think I'm running into this same issue now on ssl.

Any help?
    PHP cURL Enabled? PHP cURL is available.
    PHP cURL Test? NOT OK (Can not establish connection.)

4. ClearSky

I never figured this out. I moved to RHE instead. I spent way too many hours and had others look at it to. I'd lvoe to know what the heck happened though.

5. Apexity

Apexity Member

I turned on cURL for SSL and did updates, now postnuke sites with autotheme are broken on the server.