The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't view or access

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AdamC19, Apr 8, 2005.

1. AdamC19

AdamC19 Member

Hey again,
    I'm having majour problems at the momment, i can't access my cpanel through my domain (http://www.yourdomain.com/cpanel) because it just comes up with Page Cannot Be Displayed, but all of my clients and friends are able to do so. And also, i cannot view my own site so i what it looks like. I contacted my Host, but they just keep on telling the same old rubbish, "This should be working fine" and i'm quite upset they won't say anything else or try to help me.
    So i came here.
    My name servers are activated, and, domain is working fine. Nothing wrong with my ISP because my host 'reckon' Tiscali should work fine... Tiscali is my ISP for those who are wondering.

Thanks,
    Adam

2. sawbuck

sawbuck Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
  3. leighj

leighj Well-Known Member

I had a client with the same problem. After hashing back and forth I convinced him to let me VNC to his computer.

I found his hosts file was LOADED with TONS of entries. Most were redirecting anti virus and anti spyware domains to others.

He had 4 virii and about 12 spy/malware applications running on his computer.

The strange thing was that he was blocked from major sites AND his site.

I fixed his host file and removed all the bad stuff and he was working fine.

Also make sure there is no proxy or cache between you and the site.