Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SOLVED CardDav Sync Issue from device

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jake333, Dec 22, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Jake333

Jake333 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hello, I just got an iPhone for the sole purpose of card and cal dav native support. The issue I'm having is with CardDav not syncing any contacts created on the phone itself. As soon as I create a new contact it is deleted about 2 seconds after creating it. It would appear to be a permissions issue however I cannot find setting for this anywhere.

Thank You I appreciate your help

P.S. I'm not opening a cpanel support ticket for this issue because I don't find it to be emergency.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Do you notice any output to /usr/local/cpanel/logs/cpdavd_error_log when this happens?

Thank you.

3. Jake333

Jake333 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Michael, thank you for the quick reply. please find below the log output, please note the email address and IP's have been masked.

PS, can you please delete the other post I missed some info I wanted to mask and I cannot delete the post/reply. Thank You

Code:
    PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined method stdClass::write() in /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/php/56/lib/php/Horde/Imap/Client/Socket.php on line 4429
    PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined method stdClass::write() in /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/php/56/lib/php/Horde/Imap/Client/Socket.php on line 4429
    [2016-12-18 18:29:05 -0600] Starting PID 3023: /usr/local/cpanel/libexec/cpdavd-dormant
    [2016-12-18 18:30:06 -0600] Starting PID 2646: /usr/local/cpanel/libexec/cpdavd-dormant
    Brute force checking was skipped because cphulkd failed to process “myemail@mydomain.com” from “xxx.xxx.xxx.10” for the “dav” service.
    Brute force checking was skipped because cphulkd failed to process “myemail@mydomain.com” from “xxx.xxx.xxx.10” for the “dav” service.
    Brute force checking was skipped because cphulkd failed to process “cxxxxxx@sxxxxxx.com” from “xxx.xxx.xxx.1” for the “dav” service.
    Brute force checking was skipped because cphulkd failed to process “txxxxx@spxxxxxxxxx.com” from “xxx.xxx.xxx.242” for the “dav” service.
    Brute force checking was skipped because cphulkd failed to process “txxxxx@spxxxxxxxxx.com” from “xxx.xxx.xxx.242” for the “dav” service.
    Brute force checking was skipped because cphulkd failed to process “cxxxxxx@sxxxxxx.com” from “xxx.xxx.xxx.1” for the “dav” service.
    Brute force checking was skipped because cphulkd failed to process “myemail@mydomain.com” from “xxx.xxx.xxx.9” for the “dav” service.
    Brute force checking was skipped because cphulkd failed to process “myemail@mydomain.com” from “xxx.xxx.xxx.9” for the “dav” service.
    [2016-12-22 15:34:05 -0600] Starting PID 3188: /usr/local/cpanel/libexec/cpdavd-dormant
    [2016-12-22 15:44:17 -0600] Application Bug: there is still content data waiting on the incoming socket and we ignored it!
    [2016-12-23 07:54:11 -0600] Application Bug: there is still content data waiting on the incoming socket and we ignored it!

4. Jake333

Jake333 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Based on the logs I went ahead and disabled Cphulk temporarily and restarted cpdavd. In doing so cpdavd_error_log no longer shows any errors however the contact is still not being saved from the device.

5. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Could you open a support ticket using the link in my signature so we can take a closer look? You can post the ticket number here so we can update this thread with the outcome.

Thank you.

6. Jake333

Jake333 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    The issue was resolved through Cpanel Tech support. For anyone having the same issue the solution to my problem was resolved by using the long link under "Direct URLs for Calendars and Contacts" the url looks similar to this
    Code:
    cpanelserverurl:2080/rpc/addressbooks/myemail@mydomain.com/contacts~55847fdfg-sdfsd-sdfsdf-rwerw-dfgdfgdfg5664
    and can be found by logging into webmail.

Now for you iOS device
    go to SETTINGS>ACCOUNTS>ADD ACCOUNT>OTHER>ADD CARDDAV ACCOUNT
    Server: enter the long url mentioned above, TIP: I copied/pasted and email this url to an email account I already had setup on the iOS this way you dont need to type it, just copy and pasted from the email.
    User Name: full email address myemail@mydomain.com
    Password: your email account password
    Description: Whatever you want to name it

Other tips:
    iOS merges all address books together and will save your CardDav contacts to icloud if you don't uncheck sync contacts. In my case I turned off and deleted all other form of contact saving. I only use my own servers no need to share your contacts with anyone else.

Hope this helps someone :)

#6 Jake333, Dec 29, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2016
    Infopro likes this.
  7. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Thanks for updating the thread. :)