The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

carnt send receve email or login to webmail

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Harry E, Jan 8, 2008.

1. Harry E

Harry E Registered

Hi

when i try and connect to my emil using windows mail program i put all the relevent details in but when i come to clicking send receve i get this error

the connection to the server has failed account "mail.bouncysounds.net" server mail.bouncysounds.net protacol pop3 port 110 secure (ssl) no socket error 10061 error number 0x800ccc0e

thats on windows mail program when i try and click on web mail i get this error in

horde

Notice: Unknown: Connection failed to localhost,143: Connection refused (errflg=2) in Unknown on line 0

and it says my username and password are incorrect when i have already logged into the cpanel email interface

when i try to launch squirrel mail i get

Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: unable to connect to localhost:143 (Connection refused) in /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/squirrelmail/plugins/login_auth/functions.php on line 129

whats wrong ive never been able to send an email btw its a vps server

Reguards

Harry

2. jamiewarner

jamiewarner Registered

Same Here

Im having the same issue on a fresh install of cpanel on my dedicated server? Did you find a fix?

Cheers Jamie

3. jamiewarner

jamiewarner Registered

Ok I figured out what was wrong, the firewall was not setup correctley, completely forgot to check that as i though cpanel by default would allow those ports.

I installed this free package to make it easy to setup :D

So a big thanks to http://www.configserver.com/