The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Case 105289] su/sudo with new transfer tool

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by capuano, Jun 28, 2014.

1. capuano

capuano Member

Hello,

The new transfer tool have a bug:
    The remote basic credential check failed due to an error: The system failed to escalate privileges to root on “xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx” with “sudo” or “su” because of an error: Failed to escalate to root

This issue happens on all of my servers.

Someone have an idea to resolve this throuble?

2. mindnetcombr

mindnetcombr Member

New transfer tool bug

copy from capuano reply:

The new transfer tool have a bug:
    The remote basic credential check failed due to an error: The system failed to escalate privileges to root on “xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx” with “sudo” or “su” because of an error: Failed to escalate to root

This issue happens on all of my servers.
    ---

I check SU not SUDO - and looks like the transfer tool is ignoring this and try run SUDO, because cpanel warn me by mail:

xxxxxxxxxxxxx : Jun 29 17:59:08 : maint : user NOT in sudoers ; TTY=pts/0 ; PWD=/home/maint ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/bin/su -l -c echo -n SUDO_ && echo CPANEL_SUCCESS && /bin/sh -

The message error show "SUDO" and "sudoers" - but I not chosed SUDO on transfer tool.

Im running latest release 11.44.0.18

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Internal case number 105289 is open to address an issue where some versions of "su" require sending a \n instead of a \r when the tty is in raw mode. If it's an urgent transfer, you can use direct root authentication as a temporary workaround. A resolution will be made available in a future build of cPanel. You can monitor the change log for this case number:

cPanel - 11.44 Change Log

Thank you.